There are many ways to support NEW. Please consider the gift that works best for you.
Partners for the Future
Sign up for recurrent giving – weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually – and help ensure an ongoing, steady flow of funds to support NEW’s housing and support services for homeless women and children. Your regular, recurring gift is an important part of our annual budgeting and implementation plan and will have an ongoing impact on DC’s most vulnerable women and children. Sign up now.
You can create a legacy through bequests and other planned gifts. Contact Tracy Frish at 202.682.5825 to discuss how you can provide critical opportunities for homeless women and children for years to come.
Support us through Amazon Smile
Help support NEW when you shop at AmazonSmile, an initiative Amazon launched to help charitable organizations.
How to Get Started:
1. Visit smile.amazon.com
2. Select New Endeavors By Women as your charity to support
3. 0.5% of your purchase price will be donated to New Endeavors By Women. Don’t forget to put “smile” before “amazon.com” every time you shop to help support us.
Donate Gift Cards
Gift cards (Amazon, Visa) are a great way to ensure NEW women receive the specific items they need: cutlery for a new home, books for a class or chef pants for a new job. NEW women are on a journey to improve themselves and gain the confidence they need to lead stable lives. Any help you give is appreciated.
Donate Household Items
New Endeavors by Women relies on the generous support of the community to ensure that we can meet the most basic needs of the women and children we serve. We welcome your donations of new and unused goods from the list below.
The best time to drop off donations is M-F 9-6 p.m. while the office is fully staffed. Our main office is located at 611 N St., NW, Washington, DC 20001. For more information, please email Tracy Frish at email@example.com or call us at 202.682.5825 to set up an appointment to drop off your donation. You can also ship items directly to 611 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20001.
We cannot accept clothes, shoes, televisions, or used toys unless otherwise specified. We accept furniture on an as-needed basis for use by women who are transitioning out of our programs and into their own homes. If you want to donate furniture or household items, please contact us at 202.682.5825.
- Canned goods
- Cereal (full size and single-serve boxes)
- Granola bars
- 100% pure juice boxes
- Bottled water
- Soap or bodywash – Aveeno or Dove
- Argon oil for hair
- Olive oil for hair
- Shea Moisture Products (African American hair)
- Pantene products (African American hair)
- Crème of Nature hair products
- Natural hair products
**New Clothing Only**
- Women’s pajamas (Size M-3XL)
- Shower shoes or flip-flops
- Women’s and children’s coats
- Women’s new panties and bras
- SmartTrip Cards
- Gift Cards (Target, WalMart, Safeway, Giant)
- Twin-sized and full size bed sheet sets
- Flash lights
- Full-size bath towels
- Water glasses
- Pots and Pans
- Throw blanket or comforter
- Bath mats
- Oven mitts
- Wash cloths
- Dish towels
- Laundry Detergent HE